Thursday, 16 January 2014

Oh to sew...

"Nothing is really work, unless you would rather be doing something else."
J M Barrie

The MOTH had a sudden inspiration to do that final 10% of the many incomplete projects around the house so I had to step in as offsider/slave which has meant that I haven't had a chance to get any of my own many incomplete sewing projects done. My workman's hands catch on every bit of fabric and thread after a day of digging gardens, laying bricks, concreting, nailing, shovelling pebbles... 
Oh woe is me! (am I getting any sympathy yet?)

It is starting to look as if the end is in sight and I am getting time off today so I can go and have a wisdom tooth extracted. 
The high life I live!

There was a quick chance to play with some machine quilting on a project started ages ago. I had originally quilted along each seam but it was flat and unsatisfactory, so on impulse I decided to do two wavy lines over each straight line which surprisingly, for something requiring so little effort and thought, gave the piece more life.


Now for a lovely hot soak to get rid of the aches which didn't disappear after a night of virtuous sleep, then off for the next ordeal.
Wish me luck!

Christine xx





2 comments:

  1. The quilting is looking great !

    ReplyDelete
  2. god bless moths.......
    love that wavy quilting..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete