Saturday, 11 January 2014

The morning after the night before

"Never  put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow" 
Mark Twain

Yesterday had a chance to slip some crafting in, ending in my first Friday Night Stitch In.


 The perennial hexagons were revived as a project which requires little stress or set up, I think they will out last me! 


So as required here is a picture: 



I look forward to being inspired by what others have done.


The main other project was a secret quilt challenge from our quilt club. 
This consists of two pieces of fabric which have to be incorporated into two owls on a banner approximately 1 foot wide by 3 feet long. 


A moment of inspiration struck before Christmas and sketches were made. 
Sanity hit yesterday when I realised I had the same (lack of) enthusiasm as Michelangelo painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and had set it up to be as sizable a task. 

Plan B was developed and before I could consider further, the pieces were cut and ironed and it lies waiting for me to do some machine work.
Now in the fresh light of a new day I am wondering 'what was I thinking'!

Oops!

I would show you for opinions but as said, it is secret business...

Cheers,
Christine
Xx

5 comments:

  1. Your hexies look gorgeous , I'm sure your secret project will be beautiful my husband always tells me go with your first choice and most of he time he is right. !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hexie flowers. One day I am going to start some with my scrap 30's fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoO gorgeous hexies... your garden will be so very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely hexies...didn't you know that us blog girls can keep a secret..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful hexies, they look like Spring (it's snowy here).

    ReplyDelete