Saturday, 8 March 2014

FNWF and a few other things

How did it get so late so soon?
It's night before it's afternoon.
December is here before it's June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?
Dr Seuss


With work inconveniencing my blogging schedule I have catching up to do!



Last night was Friday Night with Friends hosted by Cheryl and I continued with a small embroidered wall hanging I had designed about 10 years ago and decided to rework with 
fresh new fabrics, although by the time I have reached the fabric piecing stage,
 the new fabrics may be old.



Thank you Cheryl for your hospitality and the chance to meet a few others.



My sole OPAM project for February was a gift so now that the month has passed and the gift given, I can show you, pinching her photo because I forgot to take my own!



Finally... 
the long awaited, highly secret owl project can be revealed! 

39 lovely ladies and one gentleman took part in this challenge and we had to choose our favourite - from the anonymous display. The agony! If you want to see how hard it was, visit Fiona to view them all and sympathise!



After the voting was over and the winner announced (not mine but a beautifully worked art quilt style banner belonging to another Chriss) I noticed a few people surreptitiously check the back of mine to see whose it was before scuttling away. Maybe they were wondering who to avoid when the moon is full...



Christine
xx











10 comments:

  1. I checked out all the other owls and I can see why this one won - it was so different from all the others but I did think they all deserved a special mention :) Thanks for sharing that project with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine. This is the first time I have visited your blog and I have to say you gave me a giggle straight away. I love your Dr Seuss quote - it really reflects the chaos that is my life. Your embroidery project is very cute and your owl project is just amazing, I love it. Thanks for sharing. Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stitching on your old/new project. I love the owls they are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching and projects .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining in FNwF... and showing the lovely project you worked on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that you got some sewing done...I just loved your owl banner, I was telling my mum all about how clever yours was when I had seen it on Fionas blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stitchery Christine, and those roses are sooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine - popping in from Cheryll's blog - that is a sweet design you created - I am sure your fabrics will be fine!
    Your blog is so pretty & i do love all the pics of blooms...
    Bye for now, Anthea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work. Pretty bee...they'll be here soon enough too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Owl's are GREAT, just love your design. Cute angel and pretty scissor keep.

    ReplyDelete