Friday, 25 April 2014

Anzac Day

'There's rosemary, that's for remembrance; pray, love, remember'
William Shakespeare


Every year on this date Australians and New Zealanders remember those who sacrificed their lives in war and honour those who fought knowing they may not return to their native shores. 


During the Second World War my grandfather was among them and while he did return, it was some years after the war as he had been required to remain in Japan during the occupation. His wife died during this time leaving his son, my father, motherless. 


Both my grandfather and my father have now made that final journey from which there is no return so I would like to remember them in this post.


Christine 
xx





3 comments:

  1. a lovely tribute Christine. That embroidery is very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very special memories Christine,a lovely tribute.xx

    ReplyDelete