Wednesday, 9 April 2014

OPAM for March

“Procrastination is my sin. It brings me naught but sorrow. I know that I should stop it. In fact, I will ...tomorrow”
Gloria Pitzer
A little late but I am here with my OPAM projects for March to show off! March was just the best month to procrastinate and when the 30th hit and I realised that I hadn't finished a thing, it was time to get the head down to the sewing machine and create! The result, from left overs and scraps, UFOs and Vinnies treasure was this bag to carry my new light pad around in! 


Original plan was square patches on both sides until I realised there weren't enough bits, so out came this Bronwen Hayes embroidery from years ago to fill in the hole. These bamboo handles were the perfect finishing touch. I love actually making use of those bits that hang around forever otherwise! Now to find a project for the remaining three of the Bronwen Hayes stitcheries.

The evenings of the same two days saw me wearing my fingers to the bone working this absolutely gorgeous stitchery from Hatched and Patched. Being a panicked impulse start from the 'things to make one day' pile, naturally I didn't have any of the correct threads but I love it anyway and can't wait to find the right frame so it can hang in my guest room and inspire all my visitors. 

And  (except for one flower which I missed as it was hiding under the hoop - shhhh)  it was finished while still March! 
While playing online and not replying to comments left (I really am very ashamed of myself and will try to be  gooder from now on) I found this wonderful app called waterlogue which turns your photos into watercolours. 

How gorgeous is that! I'm just loving the effect it gives.

Now, after all that frivolity I have to set to skulk over to tell Kris that I am up to date again (without her noticing the date) and work out how I become a blogger people can contact instead of the no reply variety. Wish me luck!

Christine
xx


2 comments:

  1. I love your lite box bag.... does your ipad need one too? are you framing your stitchery? lovely app .. very clever
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete