Tuesday, 3 June 2014

OPAM May projects

"What until twenty years ago was universally called a snapdragon is now called an antirrhinum, a word no one can spell without consulting a dictionary."
George Orwell 1944


I had a lovely surprise yesterday when my husband came home with a big bunch of snapdragons. Not a special occasion and he isn't the romantic husband of movies and books, so???

The mystery was solved when he admitted that they had been left over from a function and, among other bunches, were homeless. Imagine! Cast out while still with so much glory! A few flowers have fallen and yes, snap dragons still open their mouths wide when persuaded. 


Taking the photo I noticed I would be airing more dirty linen in public- and this one obviously within dusting reach so I will hasten to show the reason my vintage starched white linens end up limp and grubby...


Now to business at hand, I have 4 finished projects! (actually 5 but one was a gift and posted away and it was little it barely counted)

Now to clean my sewing room up and surge on with some June projects!


Christine 
xx





4 comments:

  1. Hello Christine.

    Oh my your husband is one to keep. The Snapdragons are one of those flowers that kids love playing with. I often wonder why they change names of plants. Lots of lovely sewing, have fun with your June projects.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful hubby!
    Christine you've had a pretty makes for May & I'm sure June will be the same... lovely op shop finds in the previous post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha... I don't have a romantic either! and those snappy's are lovely... lovely projects ... don't spend too much time cleaning .....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if snapdragons weren't pretty, I'd grow them just for the snap. Their sweet little dragon-y faces remind of when I was little. I think your May makes are simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete