Saturday, 11 October 2014

Show time again

" 'I must be overtired' Buttercup managed. 'The excitement and all'.
'Rest then' her mother cautioned. 'Terrible things can happen when you're overtired. I was overtired the night your father proposed'. "
William Goldman - The Princess Bride

Off to the show we went last Wednesday, a bus laden with quilters and embroiderers eager for the sybaritic temptations and the inspiration of the Brisbane Quilt and Craft Show.
And inspired we were!

Despite all the delights on offer I bought only essentials,
then realised the next day I needed x to finish y and b to finish a and...

Of the quilts I only have a few photos to share.

This was part of a '10' challenge and I thought it would appeal to a mathematically/puzzle minded friend.



Audrey for my daughter



And this homely hanging made from aprons and domestic bits and bobs.

 

And of course it was lovely to put faces to a few of the bloggers I have been reading 
as well as some I haven't come across yet.

I started posting yesterday and technology defeated me! The email disappeared from my phone so photos couldn't be sent and my laptop is holidaying with my daughter so I am restricted to the iPad which is confused about my accounts. If anyone has been wondering who comments with this face are from, it is I in another incarnation! 



I have to apologise for not replying to comments as well, the email address for this account is in my lap top...

It's not only email accounts the iPad is in crisis about today so for the sake of my sanity...

Cheers, 
Christine 
xx

x


Leaving work into the dawn






4 comments:

  1. Looks like the quilt show was fun and yes, it can be hard juggling data across mutiple devices, can't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bus trip was well organised..... x have a lovely weekend....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Christine,

    Love that quote you posted today. What a lovely variety of quilts on display at the show. Now if the maths teacher had included some patchwork in the class I may have listened more.Have a lovely weekend.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilts were fantastic. I loved the Audrey quilt.

    ReplyDelete