Saturday, 8 November 2014

Home Sweet Home

“No one realises how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.”

Lin Yutang

Lots of catching up to do! 

Hubby and I have been a roving to NSW and while I unexpectedly had to return early, he was able to continue on to Melbourne where he helped our son move house - maybe I got the better deal there!

We called by some beautiful and nostalgic spots along the way. 

Through Moree, past the street sign to the old farm 'Kanimbla'  where my husband grew up, Mudgee where we stayed by the river (Mudgee is such a pretty town, I'd love to spend some more time there), the Blue Mountains at the glorious Katoomba  hotel 'The Carrington' (a nice break from our camper) and enjoyed the breath taking vistas from various lookouts.  


a day spent exploring historic Parramatta and revisiting my footsteps from my young and single years 

and a pleasant cruise up the Parramatta River to Sydney


It was lovely to come home to the garden where the foxgloves were coming out and the roses still in their Spring splendour.


With a few things on my mind it was bizarrely satisfying to do a house declutter - several car loads to the op shops and numerous emails to friends with a photograph;  'Do you want... ?'

(although I'm not sure anyone would look at my cottage and consider it clutter free)

 and with mind and space clearer it was a joy to continue a series of embroideries designed a few years ago and being reworked in fresher colours to be released as a pattern next year.


Christine 
xx



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitcheries !!!!!! And thanks for all the lovely photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitcheries are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Christine,

    It is good to be home. Just love the garden stitcheries. I sometimes think de-cluttering just allows us the excuse we need to bring more back home next time!

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you saw some lovely places... and you know how much I love your stitcheries...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete