Thursday, 15 January 2015

FNSI

'By all means, marry. If you get a good wife you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.'
Socrates


I think I'm a bit late for the party! Sorry! 
I was unable to sew on Friday night after all and no visiting to see what everyone is up to yet. 
Naughty me!

My FNSI delay necessitated a trip with a friend to the lovely Fiona's house a few days later for some stitching fun with bonus heart shaped waffles. Yumm!  I was able to take my new precious layer cake for stroking approval and even got embroidery done amidst the laughing and sharing. Maybe I'll need an excuse every month!


On Monday my husband and I celebrated 30 years of chaotic, roller coastering, sometimes hanging on by the seat of the pants, marriage. 

It amazes me. 

30 years of marriage is what your parents might celebrate. 

Am I really old enough to have been married for 30 years! (a quick glance in the mirror assures me I am) Where have all those years gone and how did they go so quickly?! Was I ever really so slim!!!  Did he really have black hair once and me blonde! 

Rather than the traditional pearls we replaced our sagging lounges (if only the sagging bodies could be replaced so easily!) and are ready to  settle down, put our feet up and comfortably face the next 30 years.

Back to FNSI. You might remember that I bathed a rather disagreeable cat on Friday morning... by Friday night my right hand was swelling from a bite...by Saturday morning it looked like a blown up shiny red rubber glove. A three hour wait at the doctor - no magazines and my book finished and I was sent home feeling sorry for myself with a tetanus shot in the left arm and a pile of antibiotics. The weekend saw a very smug Mr Tibbs stroking his (very clean) whiskers and thinking no more baths.
Haha Mr Tibbs - you might have won this time but the war is not yet yours... 
I'll be heading off to the January fashion sales to find some chain mail and steel gauntlets for next battle da... um bath day.


Christine
xx







5 comments:

  1. great post.... your new fabrics are very strokeworthy and congrats again on 30 years.. glad you spoilt yourselves...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i agree great post and happy anniversary Christine to you and your hubby and i hope your hand is feeling much better.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--happy 30th--how did you celebrate???
    Aren't cats fun????
    glad to know you are feeling better hand wise--
    smiles, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Christine,

    Happy Anniversary, gosh a tetanus shot, that must have hurt. Those waffles do look delicious, hope you didn't spill any on that divine stitching.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! Hope it is better now. Happy anniversary to you both. Lovely project you are stitching x

    ReplyDelete