Saturday, 28 February 2015

OPAM and A Lovely Year of Finishes

30 days has September,
April, June and November.
All the rest have 31
except for February alone 
which has 28 days clear
and 29 each leap year.

Time was absolutely endless at the beginning of February, I settled down, made a big list of projects to achieve, looked forward to approaching holidays and generally relaxed. 
Too soon...

Work suddenly couldn't run without me (no, I'm not important but the bosses will say anything to talk you into doing a few more shifts) so, polishing my halo, in I went and 'while you are here you might as well do some compulsory training...' Hmmm.

Hubby decided to generously give me use of half his study, so in I moved with boxes and files, computer and my beloved treadle to find that with the half use came the cleaning and some very dodgy windows needing painting... 


(added to aforementioned list) It's worth it, sitting in a breeze and looking out into the garden as I type is lovely.)

I enjoyed a couple of days of being sickly with an unknown bug, laying around sleeping, reading Facebook, pinning on Pinterest and unravelling the mysteries of Instagram.

Relaxing in my convalescence, all the time in the world still ahead of me, my daughter asked the date. 'It's around the 20th' I said with an air of time having no importance. She doubted me and checked. It was the 27th!!! 

Adrenaline shot through my veins! Magically recovered I finished the Easter Bluebird instructions for Craftsy


and attacked my still unstarted cushion for 'A Lovely Year of Finishes' and as it is my only finished project in this lotus eating month have ONE finished project for OPAM, 




Ah the endorphins! Just like being back at school and getting a term's work done in a night. Maybe not to be recommended at my age though...


Christine
xx









4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your lovely new space. I hope you are on the mend now. I adore your gorgeous Bluebirds xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine,what a wonderful view,love it,and boy you have been busy and I am glad you are feeling better xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness.. that button.... now all buttons will never be good enough..... lovely view from your office and your cushion is gorgeous.... what size?

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Christine,

    Cleaning, yuck! Sickness Yuck! Lovely view from the new office though. Love that button , the stitching is lovely.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete