Saturday, 14 May 2016

Little Miss Organised

'Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication' 
 Leonardo Da Vinci


I don't know if I've ever mentioned that I am a chronic hoarder with bouts of being a mad declutterer... 
This month (year?) is my tidying and decluttering burst. I'm not sure my husband takes my decluttering seriously - actually I'm not sure my friends do either as I dive through their bins looking for that half inch of fabric they've wastefully thrown away...  but I know that anyone who reads this will be awed and inspired by the organisation achieved. (as long as I keep my photos well cropped!)

For Mother's Day, my husband gave me this long coveted set of ikea drawers. The top 2 are essentials but the next 4 contain secret women's business - i.e. projects still to be finished. How handy! I can whip them out in a second instead of scuffling about, bottom in the air, going through the boxes under my desk. Maybe one glimpse of that - full on rear view was what inspired him? 
I don't think I'll ask. 


On my desk, organisation is taking place in this set of shelves. I made these earlier this year but only finished painting them a couple of days ago - if anyone wants to know what tedious is, it's painting 68 individual cotton reels so they don't stick together! Its supposed to be a bit casual and shabby chic. The shabby I got down to perfection. The chic??? Well...


A couple of half finished cushion covers are stored comfortably on the back of my sewing chair where they provide warmth and padding and can be found the instant I get sewing again. 
Maximum efficiency!


and Sylvia's Bridal Sampler is almost finished - 6 blocks (and a wee matter of assembling and quilting) to go. 


What will I do with my time when my sewing room is organised and my quilt finished?!?!? 


Christine
xx






3 comments:

  1. It all looks so lovely - and I do think your new shelves are just gorgeous.... so now I know where you keep your stash... hmmmmm
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love your shelves. You may find a queue outside your sewing room door to play in there x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you funny girl Christine! You definitely got the CHIC look with the reels, so clever, it was worth the time & effort for sure.
    Your Sampler fabrics are so pretty, & of course you'll have no trouble finding a new project before that ones finished... x

    ReplyDelete