Thursday, 16 February 2017

Flimsy February Two

There are moments when art attains almost to the dignity of manual labor.  
Oscar Wilde

My second flimsy for Flimsy February,  using 36 blocks from the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler set and some gorgeous Tilda fabric bought on holidays in Glenbrook last year. 

Ta Da!!! 

Kipling is very approving of this flimsy frenzy creating padded places for napping cats.


With the release of the last block a few days ago, (on the hottest day locally on record) the weekly excitement of the Splendid Sampler came to end and is now calling to be made into... two lap size quilts.  Work is currently in progress - what was I thinking when I thought this sashing would be easy, with no seams to match up!!! And I have to do it again for the second! No time to mourn the end of such a fantastic sewing year.


A break from flimsy life was had at Craft Alive where my friends and I dyed  -  fabric. 
Plus did a little bit of shopping, and had massages - I could share a lovely photo of the two of them in ecstasy but what happens at the craft show stays at the craft show...


Back to the sewing machine.
Have a lovely week

Christine
xx

5 comments:

  1. Lol i would've loved to have seen those photo's Christine,lol,and i bet Fiona was one of the ones in ecstasy,lol. you girls have so much fun and are so funny.
    Wow i love your flimsy Christine and it looks awesome in the tilda fabrics,good luck with your lap quilts my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I agree with Shez....a fabric blackmail could have been an option lol! I love your flimsy. I am busy chipping away at my way behind pile of outstanding Splendid Sampler blocks. Yours are lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your flimsy. can't wait to see your SS flimsies. Now you've put an image in my head of Fiona with her massage. lol. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear - what have you started with the images in peoples heads????? haha.... I love your flimsy and by the looks of it you will have another one by next week!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous flimsy made with Sylvia's Bridal Blocks...
    and your SS Blocks look amazing too.

    ReplyDelete