Thursday, 9 February 2017

Flimsy February

"My husband said if I were to buy any more fabric, he would leave me. I'm going to miss him!!" quilt saying


Hubby has been away for a week and my affair with my machine started as the door closed behind him. 
Result: I have a flimsy!




and another in the making!



and more finished Splendid sampler blocks! (a couple of these might have been from last week but I have a cat on my lap and can't get up to 
take another photo) 



and more houses for the 2017 Scrappy challenge



I love this colour - not blue nor green but in between

AND a new stack of fat flats from the 10 for $10 spotlight sale! I saved so much money I think I should go and save some more.



Especially while the quilting tool sale is still on because with all this flimsy cutting, the blade in my cutter wore a groove in the metal shaft and got stuck! 

 
oops. 

Where was a man to fix these things when you need one!

Actually I did have a male visitor after retiring to bed one evening!!! 
A boy in blue came rapping at my door (several hours after the end of a loud and spicy argument next door) because they had a report of a domestic at MY address! 

With a soft spot for our law enforcers in uniform (memories of those 000 balls in my youth) I might have been thrilled but are they recruiting from primary school now! How did the police get so young
...or maybe I've gotten old.

Christine
xx


4 comments:

  1. Hi Christine,amusing post my friend and boy love your flimsy and those blocks look fantastic and also thankyou for telling me about the spotlight sale xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flimsy, so pretty. Your SS blocks look fabulous. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness you have some gorgeous work there Christine.....your flimsy is beautiful! Still giggling about your youngster in blue...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hope you had your best nightie on, Christine, to welcome your nighttime visitors, ha ha!
    Gorgeous sewing happening there, such pretty colours xx

    ReplyDelete